CCTV Camera 101
Security is a no-question necessity. We don’t need to think about it. It is the only thing that makes us safe. It avoids us from getting hurt and being abducted or robbed. There are a lot of employees that their job is to secure. For instance, a security guard that secures buildings, businesses, and even houses. It’s not just people who can do it. Even things can help protect us from harm. Just like CCTV camera systems.
Closed-circuit Television camera system or CCTV as known by many is a TV system that is used for surveillance and for security purposes. Its contents or videos are being used for crimes and presented as evidence in the rule of law. These cameras are also a strong deterrent for criminals since if they know that there is a CCTV in the area or house, it is most likely they will not continue to do the crime.
If you are getting a CCTV system, there are terms that you might encounter. Here are the possible jargon you might see:
- Digital video recorder - DVR - It is basically the computer that saves security videos into a hard drive.
- Network video recorder - NVR - It’s a program or software that records video into a digital format which can be saved to a storage device like SD memory cards, external drives, flash drives and etc.
- IP camera - Internet protocol camera. It is being used to have the ability to send and receive data through the computer’s network and into the internet.
- Analog camera - has a lower resolution compared to IP camera. It is also connected to a DVR.
There are different types of CCTV Cameras. But here are the common ones:
- Indoor Camera - used in homes, offices, restaurants, etc.
- Outdoor Camera - used outside wherein they have limited night lighting.
- IR day/night camera - used in a high level of security areas such as military camps and other security zones.
- Dome Camera - installed where there are many people present always in a certain area like subways and bus stations.
There are some things that we always take for granted. But don’t do it for your security.
Some CCTV systems may come costly but if it’s for the protection of your family at work or people from work, isn’t worth it right?
Static Electrics is there to install CCTV camera systems whenever you wish to. We can provide free quotes on new installations where we present your options and pay once you agreed to it.